- As Commissioners we are to learn the signs of an ailing unit and be ready to offer suggestions and help when it is needed or asked for.
- We also got some tips on counseling other Scout leaders so that the units will get the most from us.
- We also learned that to have a good relationship with our professionals the main thing to know is their responsibilities and not expect them to go beyond them.
- We should also know our responsibilities and make sure we are taking care of them.
- Find the right person to deliver the right message to another person you can't reach.
- We are no longer a melting pot of people, but a tossed salad. All different with different taste, but when mixed together we look and taste good.
- Self assured leaders are not threatened by new ideas or diversity.
Dan River District Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner